Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Goals...

**I have given up on being in good health for the month of January. I am still at only about 90% and today Adam is home sick. I am getting by with chanting over and over in my head that winter will be over soon enough and reminding myself how lovely summer is.**

So last week, I decided that Christmas had been over long enough and it was time to get my butt in gear and actually start fundraising the minimum $1,800 I need to be able to particiapte in the Avon Breast Cancer walk that I reference in my blog header. First, I started with my family because I have a little self-pride and couldn't start harassing everyone else in my life without having at least a couple of donations. Adam was first to the plate and then he got uber-excited and emailed a ton of his work buddies and most of our Chicago friends. Today, I figured I should probably send out an email of my own so to those of you who got the email and also read this blog, DO IT DO IT! I would love to hit my fundraising goal, like, tomorrow, because I'll feel really bad if I have to repeatedly email people and become a donation-stalker. I promise, I don't think I'll be doing this again so this is probably the only time you'll have to donate to me. Love you long time.

So for those of you bleaders (from Julie and Julia ~the book, not the movie~ blog + readers = bleaders), who may not be on my email list, I'd love to give you the opportunity to donate as well! My personal webpage is www.avonwalk.org/goto/jenbreda and there is a sweet DONATE NOW button and I pinky promise, it's easier than online shopping on amazon.com. You can also donate through my Facebook page... how cool is that? Any donation, big or small, is appreciated and I LOVE YOUR SUPPORT. Because seriously, if you can find me a person who doesn't have a friend or family member that has been diagnosed with breast cancer, I will be shocked and impressed. This disease does not discriminate and as of right now, 1 in every 8 women will be diagnosed in her lifetime. That is sick and depressing!

Unfortunately, I know the timing sucks because everyone is probably maxed out from the holidays but I have until June 5th to raise the money and you can donate anytime between now and then! And I ordered pretty thank you cards today so you should really aim to get one in your mailbox because who doesn't love mail (that's not bills or junk!). So carry on with your Monday and please consider donating!

MAD SHOUTOUTS TO PEEPS THAT HAVE ALREADY DONATED!!!
Brian Bazan, just got the email about 3 seconds ago
my Dad
Adam
James Palmer
Andrew, Rose and Amber Carmean
(lots of dude support for boobs, very cool!)

YOU GUYS ROCK!

And let's SAVE LOTS OF BOOBS!!!

1 comment:

  1. GOOD FOR YOU! I just moved to the Dallas area and just missed the long Breast Cancer Walk here but doing it someday (next year?) is definitely on my to-do list. My best friend is in Chicago...maybe we could even do it? Hmmm....thanks for the inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete