Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Great Day!

Yesterday was wonderful. It was exactly the way that I've always dreamed of spending my birthday. I woke up and started getting phone calls and text messages from all of my family and friends. As soon as Adam woke up, he started bugging me about opening my presents (technically, he started bugging me on Friday night). He got me almost everything I wanted and truthfully, I've already received for my birthday most of the stuff I wanted for the whole "birthmas" season so Christmas is just going to be an exciting bonus! One of my presents (and I have been asking for this all year) was a mini cookie cake and OMG was it ever delicious!!!!!

We went to Subway to pick up lunch, and yes, I realize I am sort of a weirdo for wanting Subway for lunch but just go with it. We have two locations that are probably within 4 blocks from our house. Basically, there is a major L station in our neighborhood and there is one location on each side. So we go to the closest one and they don't have Honey Oat bread. I ordered the wheat but while I was waiting for someone to start loading the veggies on, I realize two things. The wheat bread is the same points as the Honey Oat only not nearly as good and gosh darn it, it's my birthday and I want Honey Oat. So I tell the sandwich artist that I no longer want the sandwich (and the guy behind us in line thought I was probably the biggest B in the universe but who cares?) and we walked to the second location, which had what I wanted. Glorious!

We were kind of lazy watching some of the college football games and didn't accomplish an outing to the gym but that was ok because I did the 30 Day Shred and let Jillian kick my butt instead. It felt nice to get a little sweat in after eating cookie cake :)

After showering and getting a little more dressed up than normal, we set out to find a craft fair that I wanted to go to. We never ended up getting there because we walked almost a mile and it was FREEZING! We did get some nice shopping time in on our way back from our long walk.

We had a fantastic dinner at PF Chang's. I felt a little silly going to a chain restaurant when we have so many fantastic smaller places here but it's been almost a year since I'd had Chang's Chinese goodness and dinner was everything I wanted it to be. I can feel my mouthwatering now just thinking about it. It was worth every last point as I ate it.

The best part of the day was going to see the musical Jersey Boys. It's the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and it was up there with Wicked as one of my very favorites of all times. I had no idea The Four Seasons had so many hits! My favorite song is "Oh What A Night (1963)!" and the cast came out and sang it one more time as an encore. It's been on an open run here in Chicago for more than two years but the final performance will be in January. I'm so sad about that! I wish I had seen it earlier because now I want to see it again before it leaves town.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great birthday! Cookie cake sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete