Monday, July 6, 2009

Have you been watching the Bachelorette?

It's Monday, Monday, Monday! A new week begins (for those of you with normal schedules) and it's finally time for a new episode of the Bachelorette!

Sadly, I've been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise since the second season when I was living in the duplex with Char and Mere. Back then, they were churning out about 3-4 seasons a year, always with the finale just in time for the network sweeps. These days it's been relegated to mostly summer filler status but I still come back every season (except for the old people season with the pro fisherman... booooooorrrrring). When we lived in the sorority house, Charlotte and I were pretty much the only people that had cable (and therefore TV period) in our bedroom so we'd pack 'em in for Bachelor episodes. Those were the days, we'd have 10+ people in the room and I remember getting in a huge fight with Ashley Hardin once because she kept talking during the important parts. Needless to say, she was the only person to ever get kicked out of a Bachelorette viewing party.

Anyhoo, this season, as contrived and barfy as it's been, has not disappointed. I dearly adore Ed from Chicago. Reid is not so bad either. As always, there are several tools, the most glaring of which is Wes. He is absolutely HIDEOUS! And just an FYI to all you Jake lovers out there: homeboy works for an "express carrier" meaning that he probably makes about as much as me. I also just thought he was boring and had no personality. And he cried over the railing. I think on these shows unless you are in the final two, you are not allowed to cry. What were you expecting? You had 1/25 odds of getting the girl (actually 1/30 in this case). Lame.

Tonight, I'll be chowing down on a Fenway Frank at the Red Sox game so I'll miss the show but that will probably be the first thing I want to catch up with on the DVR!


No comments:

Post a Comment