Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

(Karma reared it's ugly head after I posted my little advice column, I mean, rant about airports the other day. I seriously had the three day trip from hell. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to write about the horrors. I'm still having nightmares about the crazy man that doesn't live in our reality... and it took about an hour of crying to complete my return-home-decompression- process.)

Anyway, I just wanted to give everyone a friendly reminder that in fact, we are not celebrating "July 4th", we are actually celebrating Independence Day. (Have you ever wondered why we do that with just this one holiday? No one ever says, "Happy December 25th!")

I hope y'all have a great Independence Day! I will most likely be doing a one day turn and missing the fireworks because we are trying to catch the 6:00 a.m. flight to Boston on the 5th, where we'll get enough American Revolutionary history to make up for anything we might miss. Oh and I'm hoping all of the lunatics here in Chicago that think it's funny to shoot off fireworks in the city limits survive with out injury. I would tell you about my irrational fear of the fireworks not operated by licensed professionals but that's enough for an entire post. Ciao and enjoy your holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment