Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm a homesick Texan...

To be honest, I don't get homesick all that often but I am really feeling the loss of my homeland this month. I got up to pouring rain this morning and turned on the Weather Channel. It rained a total of 23 days in the month of October. And I can tell you, most of that was not just idle showers here and there. When it rains in Chicago, it rains steadily for most of the day and it's just downright dreary.

Winter is on its way and I am so anti-happy about that! We never even had a summer. In mid-July we were wearing long-sleeves at the beach! UG!! The next six months are so hard because every time I talk to someone from home, it will probably be about 70 degrees warmer there and perfect weather. I can remember when I used to love cold fronts, now, HA!

So I'm baking more Chex Mix and drowning my sorrows in some of the best beer in the world, the Linie's late fall seasonal, Fireside Nut Brown. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Texas is homesick for you too! I love your label for this post. You are too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete