Sunday, August 16, 2009

This post is brought to you by all the homeless people that live in California... that tried to extort money from me today.

I'm coming to you live from Sacramento, CA. Luckily the crew desk gods smiled down on me and gave me a decent send-off trip. We had a super long day yesterday but I got to visit my old stomping grounds, IAD, otherwise known as Washington Dulles International Airport. Rather fitting, I think. Also, my last segment is a deadhead (aka, sitting in a passenger seat) home from Philly so I brought clothes to change into so I can actually enjoy it (read: have a glass of wine).

I stopped at Subway at Dulles last night and they had the most adorable little man working there. He was doing the veggies and sauce part of the "sandwich artistry" and he had the cutest coke bottle glasses in the world. He was so tiny that I almost wanted to pack him up and bring him along with me to Sacramento. It reminded me of my lady-crush who works at the Quizno's at the Vegas airport and I want to tell you about her and recommend the experience.

The first time I ever got a sandwich there was kind of a big deal. My good pal Sally and I were potentially food-poisoned by the College Station Quizno's so since then, I haven't really been keen on their sandwiches. I can't remember if I didn't have any time that day or what the deal was but I decided to try it. I'm so happy that I did! The woman working the cash register was this darling of an older Asian woman and she called everyone "Huneeeeey" and was seriously the most amazing cashier known to man. She could figure out your total (even with airport employee discount) before she'd even finish the last person's credit card slip. It became a religious experience for me to visit her and something you'd have to see in person (or see my imitation of her). The last time I was in Vegas must have been her day off and I knew it before I even saw the employees by the gigantor line that had formed. It's not that they were extra busy or anything, it's because my lady crush wasn't there rocking out the register. The last time I saw her, I asked for no onions on my sandwich. While pulling out the previous person's receipt and punching my order on the register, she looked at me deadpan and said, "You want extra onions, huneeeeey?" with a wink. Supersonic speed and a sense of humor? Love it.

I will miss her and so many other various things about flying but I am also looking forward to new possibilities.

Ciao, United (for now... maybe).


Running Log: 7 miles, all on the treadmill. Never thought I'd be able to do that!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious...I want to go meet this Quizno's lady!

    Love your blog...come visit us in Carolina!! =)

    ReplyDelete