Thursday, July 30, 2009

I am so looking forward to next Sunday!

Yesterday was a big day for me. I got on my bike and rode for the first time without Adam. It was so liberating and so much faster than walking to the beach. Although I actually stopped on a grassy knoll instead of going all the way to the beach. It was perfect for a couple of hours of laying out and reading my book. If there hadn't been a Cubs game going on in the afternoon, I probably would have rode the bike to do my errands but I had to pay a little visit to the box office and there is no way that I'd ride through the mess that is Wrigleyville yet (or ever?). I got tickets for the Iowa Cubs vs. Las Vegas 51's AAA baseball game that's being played at Wrigley on the 9th. I love minor league baseball and since we don't have a car to get to the teams in the far 'burbs this makes it easy to catch a game this season.

But the real reason that I want to go is this:



I'm telling you right now, you haven't lived if you haven't seen the Zooperstars. They are the cream of the crop when it comes to halftime or between innings entertainment and I should know, I spent an entire season working for a minor league baseball team (and before that spent more summer nights over various seasons than I can count at games with my friend Sally's family). And if you know about minor league baseball, teams are the king of gimmics between innings. I remember laughing my ass off when the Zooperstars came. I might even have shed some tears from laughing so hard. They put all other inflatable mascots to shame.

Check out all their crazy characters here: http://www.zooperstars.com/Characters/ZOO_Characters.asp

Needless to say, I won't be working so I have no idea how much MORE funny they'll be after a couple of beers. I can't wait!! There is also a pizza place on the way to Wrigley that does an all you can eat Sunday morning beer and pizza brunch that we've been wanting to try. That might be more interesting (and cost-effective) than ballpark food.

P.S. I am so mad at myself that I didn't take my camera on my bike ride yesterday because I want to show everyone the lakefront path that I am totally blessed to run on almost every day. If the weather is nice tomorrow, I will do my best to remember to take some photos!

Running Log: 7 miles if the storms hold off

No comments:

Post a Comment