Monday, July 27, 2009

Dear Blackberry, Please be waiting in the mailbox for me...

You never know what you have until it's gone. And my sweet, sweet Blackberry, you have been gone for almost a week now. I promise to be faithful to you (and by faithful, I mean I will zip up the pocket of my totebag when crawling up and down stairs at 5:00 a.m. in random hotels in Montana so you won't fall out into the hallway) and take better care of you. I know we have our moments, like when you melted down in Canada when you weren't even being used, but I can move past them if you'll just come back to me. Did the man and his son that found you treat you well? Did they really mail you back to me or are you just lost and doomed forever?

Now that I have activated my old Sanyo Katana (which I had no choice, I hate it that I'm cheating on you), I feel the full magnitude of missing your full QWERTY keyboard. T9 makes me take half an hour to type one sentence. Oh and your ringers are so much more peaceful (as is the fact that you vibrate twice before you start harrassing me with your tones and rings... Adam almost had a heart attack when the crew desk called this morning, oops).

My sweetness, I will be home this afternoon and the anticipation of seeing you in the mailbox will get me through a long day. And I might go postal if you have been hurt in any way by the USPS. I know now not to take you for granted.

XOXO,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment