Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. MJ

One of my childhood memories involves hanging out at my friend Lauren Badillo's house and she had a tape of the full-length Thriller video. I think that was Michael's prime. We watched that video and were just mesmerized.

The ironic thing is that I was thinking about him earlier this week because we were joking back and forth on Facebook about Michael the break dancer from the Bachelorette (he's a tool, but that's beside the point). I was telling Sabrina if he was one of those NYC Subway breakdancers, his song would be P.Y.T. by Michael Jackson. Which is one of his best songs ever! Did you see Shawn Johnson's dance on Dancing with the Stars to that song? It was AWESOME. MJ's music will be forever classics. It always gets people of all ages on to the dance floor. One of my favorite movies of all time, Zoolander, has an awesome scene where Hansel and Derek do a "walk-off" and it's set to Beat It. The gong sounds at the beginning of Beat It, when the male models are warming up always makes me laugh. I love Michael's old school stuff.

May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment