Thursday, October 1, 2009

Full Steam Ahead... Winter.

Wow... it's amazing how much earlier the sun goes down each day. I feel like it didn't get dark until 8:00 about two weeks ago. It's 6:24 tonight and it's pitch black (the nasty weather is probably not helping matters) and I swear it was after 7:00 last night that it got dark.

October is extra sad around here because the Cubs didn't make the playoffs this year. At least last year we had a week full of playoff fun (well, if you want to call some of the worst games ever fun) to kind of ease things into fall... ahem, winter. It's going to be so cold so soon! Right now I might be the only person in Chicago with the windows cracked but I just can't bear to shut them just yet even though I sit here in flannel pj bottoms and a hoodie. I'll be damned if I give up just yet.

Wait... I'm probably jinxing myself and this year will end up being the third year in a row that we have a freak warm front just in time for the marathon. In which case I will cry profusely because if there's one thing I don't tolerate well, it's running in heat. Ug. 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment